ponedjeljak, 14. prosinca 2009.

MC CEED - sounds cool!

Hey AIESEC Croatia!
Long time haven't published anything here:) But this time we have something to share: our lovely MC CEEDer Lena Pesina (who worked in our MC August-October 2009) contributed to our blog!
Here it goes:

"Bok, AIESEC in Croatia!!!!!
How are you doing???
How was WLDC?
Congrats on electing your amazing MCP for 1011 !!!

I just wanted to share with you what i am doing here now!=)

I am back to my home town! It is called Cheboksary. You can prbably find it on the map or some pictures in google=))
Here life if much more calm then in Moscow. Anyways I always manage to find some adventures on my ...
I am teaching in the University here. Teaching law as soon as it is my educational background. And AIESEC helps me here a lot. I usually have an outline for my classes, start them with bang and gap=)) No seriously, I would not feel so comfortable teaching a class and so confident if I didn't have 3,5 years of training XP in AIESEC=)
Also i study for PhD and already started my research. it's gonna be a lot of work! In addition to that I am preparing a group of students for international law contest of Jessup, being their coach! Try to guess where I got the coaching skills from? =)
During this couple of months I have been a conference manager for one national conference (REC), facilitator for the other national conference (Natco) and agenda manager for the third one (National OPS)=) Life has been really busy.
But all of these was not enough for me=) A week ago on National Congres'09 I have recieved a mandate to develop an initiative group of AIESEC in Cheboksary=) New AIESEC entity in AIESEC Russia. Which will be based in the University were I work. What have you heard of the alignment of personal and organizational goals? Here it is!!! Yahoo=) Before that I was establishing relations with the administration, making presenations and a lot of other exciting things=)
So, all of you are welcome to Russia, to my home town for a CEED!!! or.. sooon , for an internship=)

CEED is a really really great experience which you can get in AIESEC! I am absolutelly greatfull to your MC team and to all of AIESEC in Croatia for making my XP happen and for shaping it the way it was! I don't think that without having this challenge i would go for opening an expansion.

It's a short term XP and you can easily fit it in your studies and work cycle. But as soon as it is short it's really quick how you should go into the reality and understand what exactly instruments will help you to make an impact. You also have to balance taking into consideration the reality and realizing what has to be changed no matter what. And this is the biggest challenge. You have an oportunity to put yourself out of the comfort zone and check how you gonna perform=)
But if you ask me about the biggest value you get, I will tell you - PEOPLE!
People you meet, you work with, you live with, PEOPLE!
It has always been the biggest reason for me in AIESEC.
During my CEED in Croatia I was working with your amazing MC Team and I love all of them!

I was mostly involved in working on TM processes such as talent review (we were making a system of how to review your membership before recruitment, now there is an online tool and also you have a guide for talent review talks), recruitment guide book (which is not only TM process but also Com + X. And you have the reruitment guide book), more closely we were working on the selection process and selection materials (you had education on how to run assessments and you have assessment guides and interview documents), Induction (we discussed what's the most important here and you have guidlines on how the induction process can look like in the LC), LTS agenda and sessions (I have heard that you use them as a basis now and build on them. This is really great!).

I would specially thank the MC team because they let me be the real part of the team in working and non working moments! This is priceless for me! As soon as I think that team is one of the biggest assests in AIESEC!
I was involved in the MC team planning, team buildings and teamactivities, facilitated the national conference together with the MC team.
This is especially very important when you are a CEEDer and your status in the country\LC is not really defined and you try to find the border of what you can do say and what you can not. I should say that i felt really comfortable and absolutely at home as soon as my short adaptation period finished, i didn't really want to leave=)

I really hope thay my stay in Croatia did have an impact on you, guys, did help you in some ways to increase your perfomance and I wish all of you the best of the bests in your lifes and in your AIESEC XP! If you want to experience something like me - go for CEED! And not only. Take opportunities in AIESEC. Apply for MC! I think Owen is waiting for you! You will have an increadible opportunity to shape your AIESEC country and bring it were you want it to be! Apply for LCP, LC VP, take international opportunities - conferences, CEEDs, INTERNSHIPS!!! As soon as you see that there is alignment with your personal goals and life vision - go for it!!! Take the challenge!
Don't miss them, trust me, you will never regret that you took them, but you will regret missing them!

Hugs from cold Russia,
missing you,
always yours
Lena"

Nema komentara:

Objavi komentar